Our committees provide excellent resources and are an opportunity to make an impact in Havre.
The Committees work to help improve many areas for the community. Being involved is a great way to network and make a difference for the community at the same time. Major area of committee involvement includes business development, along with business interfacing with agriculture, public relations, tourism, beautification and leadership.
Serves to interface main street business with the agriculture community; promotes existing agriculture products while searching for new opportunities in the agri-business area; sponsors activities that display the commitment of the Chamber as an agriculture based economy; recognizes leadership contributing to the growth, development and understanding of agriculture. Recognizes the significant impact of agri-business to the local economy.
- Participates in Field Day at the Northern Ag Research Center, BBQ dinner
- Helps the 4-H Livestock sale during the Fair.
- Reads to elementary student during national Ag Week along with providing books for library.
Serve as the public relations arm of the Chamber; providing new member ribbon cuttings and member grand openings ceremonies for new and expanding businesses; assist with special events designed to promote member involvement.
- Organizes new Chamber member photos.
- Organizes Grand Opening ribbon cuttings for new Chamber businesses and new Havre businesses.
- Hosts annual Lunch with Santa.
- Facilitates Cash Mobs.
Promotes and supports athletic events in Havre, such as athletic tournaments, to stimulate economic activity in the community.
- Facilitates Monday Night Football Book project.
- Helps organize in partnership with HHS and 9-C the district girls and boys basketball tournament.
To actively and aggressively promote positive business development
- Assists business development and supports activities essential to the well-being and economic health of Havre and the area.
- Community profile document for Chamber’s recruitment folders and business tours.
Provides the opportunity for business and community to share in the legislative process by facilitating an interactive weekly session with area legislators – during legislative years.
For 2017 the Legislative Conversation will start on Tuesday, January 10th. This interactive time will area legislators will take place at noon each Tuesday at Robin’s Administration Building.
- Hosts weekly video conference.
Havre Festival Days
A community wide event facilitated each fall by the Chamber with community participation through the organization of many community events.
- Chamber organizes the Craft and Commercial Show.
- Chamber organizes the Parade.
- Chamber is also responsible for the marketing and promotion of the weekend through press releases, posters, commemorative buttons and mugs.
A twice a year community wide clean up organized by the Chamber in partnership with City of Havre, MT Department of Transportation and Recycle Hi-Line.
- Promotes a sense of community pride through a twice a year community wide clean up.
Leadership High School
The program in partnership with Havre High School helps potential leaders become effective leaders.
- Develops and facilitates a 6 month program for high school juniors that focus on providing insight to the community.
- Helps to develop leadership skills and provides an opportunity to network with businesses and community leaders
Assist the Chamber Executive in developing programs to encourage membership participation and retention in The Chamber through education programs, events and gatherings.
- Develop a membership retention program,
- Organize seminars, training courses, and services, etc. all designed to make the Chamber more helpful to business and increase value of membership.
Takes a leadership role in developing and improving tourism promotion and partnerships on a local, regional and state level.
Projects include: marketing Havre on regional and state level to also include Canada, using a print media campaign, area billboards and the Internet.
Provide community tourism education programs.
Organize the annual Living History weekend.
TBID(Tourism Business Improvement District) The Chamber Executive Director is also the Executive Director of the Havre’s TBID. The TBID was formed to promote and market Havre and to promote tourism, conventions, trade shows and generate room nights for lodging facilities in the city of Havre by effectively marketing our region as a preferred travel destination.
The mission of the Town Square project is to provide a place that reflects the pride of the community.
Goal: To create a community gathering place for the townspeople of Havre, the surrounding communities and visitors that will enhance the sense of community of Havre, improve community pride, increase local tourism and beautify the city’s main thoroughfare.