Each January, the Chamber hosts its Annual Meeting. At this time the Chamber reports to the membership a recap of the past year and a look at what is on the Board’s Program of Work for the incoming year. The Annual Meeting is also a time to recognize the many volunteers that drive the work of the Chamber throughout the year, through their contribution of time and expertise. The Chamber membership is also recognized for their continued support of the Chamber.
Business Development Opportunities
The Assistance for Business Clinic is a partnership between the Havre Area Chamber of Commerce and the State of Montana. This annual day long sponsored clinic is geared to new and established employer/business owners to give valuable up-to-date information regarding employment, tax laws and credits. The Chamber also sponsors other business forums and workshops for the membership.
The Chamber commitment to Area Youth
Leadership High School is a learning experience to help develop community awareness and leadership skills. A program for incoming juniors designed to expose potential young leaders to the various elements that interact to form a strong and dynamic community. The Chamber’s sponsorship and involvement in the program sends a message about our commitment to our youth by providing them with a solid background in civic and increasing their knowledge about all the many facets of life in Havre from social services to life skills. Establishing a sense of community and enthusiastic leadership is the cornerstone of the program. The six sessions of the program allow the participants to explore varying aspects of the Havre community.
A Place to Have Fun!
The Town Square is the biggest project completed by the Chamber in many years. The project was led by a committee made up of Chamber Board members, but it still took the efforts of the whole community to make the dream come true. The square is used to host many community events: S.A.T.U.R.D.A.Y. Market, each Saturday in the summer; Sounds on the Square has grown into “the place to be” for musical fun each Wednesday during June, July and August.
Community Tree Lighting
The following investments made by the Chamber with many partnerships add to the spirit of the holiday season. Community Tree Lighting is the kick-off highlight to the holiday season.
In 1995, the Chamber partnered with then Montana Power to make power available on 45 poles in the core area, so the holiday decorations could be lit
- In 2000, $4,700.00 was raised through the HART (Havre Area Renewal Trust) campaign to purchase additional 12 pole decoration for the downtown and materials to refurbish the existing 28 pole decorations.
- In 2002 the HART campaign was re-launched to raise fund to purchase holiday banners and hardware for the new poles along 1st Street on the east and west ends. To brighten up the core area on 1st Street,.
- In 2009 the Chamber raised $3,600.00 (a large donation for the project came from the Rebekah’s) to purchase new holiday pole decorations(the candy canes).
- The Chamber also spent $1,300.00 for new lights for community tree in the Town Square.
- 2013 saw a new look for the community tree when the Chamber invested $1,200.00 for new multi-colored LED lights for the tree. 1,000 lights adorned the tree for the holiday season. Also purchased were $504.00 in new light bulbs for the pole decorations.
2014-2016 The Chamber invested over $1,000 for new light bulbs for the community pole decoration along hours of volunteer time to make the needed repairs to the ornaments along with replacing bulbs.
Keeping business local during the holidays
Programs sponsored by the Chamber, like Christmas Cash are made available to Chamber members only.
CHAMBER GIFT CERTIFICATE program
Keeping Business Local and supporting Chamber Members
The Chamber’s Gift Certificate Program, started in 1985, continues to add to the local economy.
The Chamber continues to work towards extended hours Port at Wild Horse. These expanded hours are key to the economic vitality of our community. The Chamber is also involved in the newly organized “Main Street” group. This group of community members are working and defining projects that will add to the beautification, culture and spirit of the Havre community.