The Trail primarily follows an old logging haul road created by soldiers stationed at Fort Assinniboine in the late 1800’s. The Trail has 20 interpretive panels that share information about the wildlife, archaeology, and history of the park. The signed portion of the trail begins at the Lion’s campground park and leads south for the 2 miles to Rocky Boy. Trailhead access points with designated vehicle parking include: Alkali Springs Road, Lions Campground, Brough’s Coulee Road and the Rocky Boy’s Reservation Boundary Line. Directions detailing two ways to access the Trail are listed in the Bear Paw Nature Trail “Self-Guided Hike Brochure”. Trail Brochures are available at the Beaver Creek Park Office, Hill County Conservation District Office, Hill County Court House and The Chamber Office.